Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Update on baby

We have had a few eventful days at the Badureks.  Sunday night I woke up with what I believed to be the stomach flu.  I don't EVER remember being this sick in my life.  I'm not sure if I was just overly worried about the baby but I was scared!! I thankfully had an appt on Monday anyway.  My doctor was on vacation so I was set up to see one of the other OB docs that he works with.  I had called right away Monday to see what I should do.  Of course they wanted me to come to my appointment.  I get there and the doctor measures me and says 'okay I'm going to have you go up to labor and delivery!'  I about fell off the table.  With 5 weeks left to go that's not the thing you want to hear.  He said that my uterus was tight and they needed me to start some IVs.  I received 3 bags of IVs.  Some meds for my nausea and a couple different shots to stop my contractions.  I had started having 2-5 minute contractions that weren't slowing down after the first shot so they gave me another and thankfully they stopped.  I was able to come home last night and I'm feeling a little better.  They want me to be on a clear liquid diet for a full day.  So I'm very weak but taking it slow.  Just a few clients today!  Thankfully Reagan is at daycare so she can have more fun then what she would be having if she was here with me.  But most importantly the baby is doing well.  I just hope I make it now just a few more weeks.  :)

2 comments:

  1. so happy you are home and healthy! i still can not believe baby will be here so soon!!! YIPEE!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thanks for emailing me so that I knew what was going on!! I know we don't talk a lot but I know we think of each other and I very much like to know what happens with you! Please rest up and tKe it easy-don't over work!! The money will come...just relax a bit:)
    I looked at all the recent photos-Christmas looked like a blast! Of course you're daughter is so cute and your two girl nieces(or cousins?) have grown up!!

    ReplyDelete