Monday, February 14, 2011

So much has gone on in the last couple of weeks. We were invited to a birthday party for our friend's kids. I didn't get many pics from that night but Reagan had a good time despite having a temp earlier in the week.


They had so many cute gifts for the kids and Reagan loved them all. I felt like we came home with more then what we brought! Reagan loves her shades.


The last week I worked Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Thursday Monessa called and said Reagan's temp was back up and my parents were in town so they went to pick her up. She has been so good when she runs a temp that it is sometimes hard to tell if she is actually sick. Also she had been running a temp off and on for over a week now. Teething??? Maybe!


She still looked pretty healthy right!?!? Well Friday came and I couldn't keep her temp down so off to the doctor we went at 4:50pm when it got to 103. They said it's a virus and just to watch her. Aron stayed up all night as she didn't seem like she was doing well. Saturday morning I went to work and gave her some Ibuprofen before I left. Perfect temp! Aron was able to go to the fishing derby in town and I stayed home with her. We cuddled, took a nap, and when she woke up it was 103.3. I want to bring her in but Aron says no as the doctor said to wait until it gets to 105. Lots of cuddling Saturday night! And me begging Aron to go to the ER.


I went to bed around 11:00 and told Aron once he got her to sleep to bring her into bed with me. At 1am he woke me up to her crying. I went to change her diaper and told Aron we were going to the ER. Her breathing had changed! All they said is she has a 'start' of an ear infection. Antibiotics, Ibuprofen, Tylenol and she should be good. She cried so much. It was not like her. We came home, gave her the antibiotic and some Tylenol and back into the car we went because that was the only place she would sleep. 3am...We came home and she slept for a while. Her breathing got worse. Sunday she had moments where she seemed okay yet sick and moments when she had trouble breathing. 2:00pm back to the ER we went. Lots more testing, lots more crying, and we were told that now she has bronchiolitis. Infant form of bronchitis. Steroid shot, nebulizer treatments, antibiotic, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, and now my baby has so many drugs in her system she must feel better! :(


She seems better today. Still is coughing but the wheezing is gone. Only one neb treatment. She hasn't wanted to eat much! Just cuddle with mommy and sleep. I hope she is on the mend quick. It has been so hard to see her sick. It just breaks our hearts. Happy 1st Valentine's Day to our little love bug. We love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness--it has been a rough couple of days! sounds like she is on the mend though!!! we are thinking about you--i know how hard it is to sit and worry!!! all she needs is cuddles!
    hugs
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had tears in my eyes reading this - soooooooooo heartbreaking :( Poor little Reagan. What a strong girl to take all this sick she is going through! Happy she is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete